CHEF’S TIPS ON TORTILLAS
A hot, fresh tortilla is only a few simple steps away!
- Slack out tortilla dough balls in a cooler overnight, or for 2 hours at room temperature. While slacking dough, cover with plastic wrap to prevent dough from developing a skin.
- Tortillas should be room temperature before pressing to achieve the best pressing results.
- If using a heated dough press, such as a Dough Pro, spray bottom press surface with pan release, place one tortilla dough ball on press, and spray top of dough with pan release.
- If using Besco or other presses, flour dough ball prior to pressing.
- Follow dough press instructions.
- Griddle 45 – 60 seconds per side at 450°F – 500°F (griddles may vary in temperature).